4.13.2006

Hand Rash ... eczema referral

Once again the rash on my right hand has returned - with a really nasty vengeance. This time I'm holding off using the Protopic .. for OBVIOUS reasons! If you're not familiar with Protopic .. then click the link to the right under Mold: Pharmacology: Protopic. Be sure to read all of the entries. This can be really bad stuff!!

I put Olux on it in the morning - burned like fire! And it did not seem to do anything to help. It itches and is terribly red. Olux has an alcohol carrier that not only burns but dries out the skin. I've been applying Aveeno Active Naturals, Skin Relief-moisturizing lotion w/soothing oat essence. I began using this last year about this same time, when the RABs went from my bum to my eyes! The only thing I could apply to my eyes was the Aveeno lotion. Everything else was absolutely NON-Eye Application!! By keeping my eyes moist with the Aveeno, and plenty of Allegra and Zyrtec in my system (for the itching) I made it through that bout - and a later one last September (2005). So, far the Aveeno seems to be helping to at least keep the dryness, topical itching and pain down. But there is no reduction in the redness, nor deep cracking of the skin. There also seem to be some sort of pustules on the back of my hand. [NOTE: I will post a photo later].

This morning I woke with the feeling that I was coming down with the flu. Once again, the cycle continues. Exposure - even of the smallest amount and I experience the symptoms all over again. The increase in the rash on my hand is but another symptom.

MoldChron

No comments: